Monday 20 July 2015

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Repairing Barrier Cream

Hello beauties I hope you are all well :) 
Today I am going to share with you one of my most favourite and most effective Hand Creams I have been using to this day :)  Its the La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Mains Repairing Barrier Cream.  
I am sure alot of you who have been following me for a while know that I do suffer alot with my hand been dry chapped and even splitting especially in the summer.  I have always suffered with dermatitous from a young enough age due to dry skin.  Most of the time I find using cleaning products can have a bad effect on my hand if I do not use gloves but call me old fashioned I never really like using gloves as I find they slow down my cleaning and I just find them awkward.  
Years ago when I first started cleaning my mums house there was no such thing as wearing rubber gloves in my house lol you just cleaned the old fashioned way and that way I am still stuck in.  

Unfortunately its not doing any good for my hands and lately even in the Summer time I have found my skin especially my hands to be extremely dry.  That of course is down to my pregnancy too.  I think this is the first summer I have experience my hands to looking like a 60 year old womans hands and even on the palms they seem to dry out that bad they start to split and bleed :)  Here is an example of how dry my palms alone have been getting 

These photos are not even picking up the dryness as much as it looks in really life but you can see what I mean.  

Hands creams are an essential to me all the time.  I do have my favourite hand creams for the different concerns I have.  Most of the time particular affordable hand creams have been fine for me to keep my hands moisturised but at times like this I need something better and more effective to fix them :) 
This is where this god send of a product does its job right for me :)  This is where I do not mind spending that little bit extra to pay for a hand cream as I know it is going to help my hands heal and also keep them moisturised.  


La Roche-Posay has everything you can think of to sort out your skin conditions.  
For over 30 years, La Roche-Posay has worked with dermatologists throughout the world to invent skincare and make-up products that meet their needs and requirements. La Roche-Posay also supports them in their training and their role of taking daily care of patients, through a number of actions including educational workshops for patients.
They have developed products for literally every man woman and child who have any sort of skin condition from products for 
Sensitive skin, dry skin, extremely dry skin, intolerant skin, signs of aging and wrinkles, Sebaceous scale patches, pigmentation problems, Dry scalp, sensitive scalp, makeup removers for problematic skin the list goes on and on :) 
La Rosay-Posay use the best ingredients in their products to help our skin.  One main ingredient I have seen on a regular basis in their products is Glycerin which is a humectant that can be naturally derived from plant oils.   Glycerin works to moisturise the skin by drawing water from the air into the skin's outer layer. It also forms a protective layer that helps prevent moisture loss. 
Another main ingredient is Water (yes Water)  I know exactly what you are thinking how would water placed on the skin be beneficial.  Well instead of me going into too much detail you can click here to find out and believe me its very interesting :) 
So back to the review :) La-Roche Posay have lots of different ranges available :)  The repairing Barrier Cream is part of the Cicaplast range.  The Cicaplast range is designed to sooth and protect everyday irritations and dry patches :) 

The Cicaplast Mains Repairing Barrier Cream comes in a nice handy squeezy tube that fits perfectly in your purse handbag and even your pocket.  You have no excuse not to bring this little beauty around with you where ever you go.  The Repairing Barrier Cream is designed to 
  • Sooth and protect the skin's barrier.
  • Protect skin and provides an invisible and friction resistant barrier.
  • Quick-absorbing texture, invisible, non oily and non-sticky finish.
  • Contains 4% of Niacenamide and 30% of Glycerin.


The cream itself looks like Vaseline/petroleum when it first comes out which did worry me a little as I had creams that leave a oily base on my hands.  
Once I applied this to my hands that worry soon disappeared as my hands instantly started to soak up the product leaving them feeling ever so soft and looking instantly moisturised.  I couldn't believe how quick my hands felt less dry and more normal.  
It says on the box that you should apply this every 2 hours if your hands are very dry but I have to say I find the cream lasts longer than 2 hours at a time.  I have found if I stay away from water this can stretch to 4 hours before my hands feel dry again.  Of course if I am near water I would have to reapply.  
Within applying this cream for a week twice to three times a day you will find a huge difference in your hands.  The cracks, splits and dry flaky skin is no more !!!!! 

I bought a tube of this cream for my brother who is 25 and works with his hands for 12 hours a day 6 days a week.  He also goes to the gym every single evening for about 2-3 hours.  His hands are always dry sore and his palms suffer with very hard skin that feels like sand paper.  When he first applied the cream he couldnt believe the instant moisture he got from this in one go and the instant soft feeling he felt on his palms.  From that day which is about a year ago he still asks me have I anymore of the cream (you would think he would go and buy it himself right?! )  Typical younger brothers lol but if his hands are very very bad you would see him with a tube of this beauty :) 

Overall I have to say even though the cream costs a little more than most affordable creams I have used I would buy it over and over and over again :)  For 50 mls you will be paying around €7.50 per tube.  You can purchase this at any pharmacy stockists who sell La Roche-Posay and also online from McCabes Pharmacy Website 
As you can tell I adore this product and will continue to use it to protect my hands for as long as it is available 

Have you got a favourite La Roche-Posay product???? La Roche-Posay is doing generously donating €1 each for the first 10,000 selfies to Temple Street Children Universary Hospital for every selfie taken by you with your favourite La Roche-Posay product.  If you want to get involved :)  all you have to do is Take you selfie and upload here :)  Simple :)  #YouShareWeCare :) 

Have you tried this cream for your hands?
What is your thoughts on it :)  
Until next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 

























I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

CollectiveBeauty said...

I have the WORST dry skin on my hands too, and so far the only stuff that works is First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream. This sounds amazing though, I definitely need to try a tube for my poor hands!

Jess | The Indigo Hours said...

Your hands look like my hands! A good hand cream is essential for me, too, and this sounds fab!!

Jess xo
http://just-jesss.blogspot.co.uk

Louise said...

This sounds really good. I have a lot of trouble with my hands in the winter so I'll definitely have to give this a try when the colder months start rolling round :)

Louise x

With love from Lou

Esha said...

OMG..your hands look really dry from the pics..glad that this one has worked so beautifully for you.

Anonymous said...

Thankfully I don't need to use hand cream yet, however during winter they do get a little dry so I think this might be a good option!

Frankie | Crazyblondegal

Unknown said...

Sounds great! think I need to try this I often get dry hands.

Sophie
xx
www.pocockins.co.uk

beautyqueenuk said...

I am a huge La Roche-Posay fan though have never tried this product. My favourite hand cream is Hand Chemistry by Deciem, it is amazing x

Unknown said...

This sounds like a fantastic product for those with dry hands :) xxx

Laura said...

I haven't heard of this kind of product before, but it sounds like it does a good job x

Laura
Pink Frenzy

TriDerma said...

Thank you So much for posting all of your favorites!! My skin usually flares up when the weather changes too!

barrier cream

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...