Friday 13 March 2015

The Balm Nude'tude Eyeshadow Palette Review

Hello Beauties I hope you are all well :) 
Ok I have a wee confession, incase you havent noticed I have a little obsession with eyeshadows :)  
I just cant resist them at all.  I love makeup so so much the eyes are my favourite part and when it comes to eyeshadows especially palettes (in my eyes) you can never have too much.  
This palette in particular I have wanted in my life for such a long time and I finally got my hands on it.  There is a number of reasons why I wanted it so much starting with 
  1. You can safely say Youtube and Bloggers made me do it.  :)   I have seen so many people on Youtube boasting about this palette and giving it A1 reviews and as of beauty bloggers well swatches and picture confirmed I NEEDED IT 
  2. The shade selection :) These shades are exactly what we need in our lives for bothe day time and night time looks 
  3. Of course the packaging I mean seriously The Balm have really made their packaging too attractive for us to pass am I right 

This beautiful palette comes in a card board covering much like the actualy palette it slides out of the covering to reveal this very slim light weight palette.  The lid of the palette is closed with a little magnet :)  
Inside you will find a slim mirror (Always handy for travelling)  
You will also see 10 beautiful shadows each on named (Love it) and also a double ended brush.  Not a sponge tipped applicator!  You are getting on one end your are getting an angled eyeshadow brush and on the other end you are getting and eyeliner brush :)  Again LOVE IT !!!!!

Do I hear Angels singing ?? Ok Ok my obsession might be a little more than OTT but you have to admit this palette looks Beautiful already doesnt it :)  Well let me give you a closer look :) 

Did you say closer Ok if you insist :) 

Ok lets get on with the shades shall we :) 
We have 
Sassy:  A Stunning shimmery white eyeshadow a perfect highlight for under the brows or in the inner corner to open up tired eyes :)  This shade is gorgeous and very pigmented.  Its so easy to blend and feels like silk :) Love it 

Stubborn:  A beautiful shimmer baby pink.  The shimmers are silver and a little chunky but nothing a bit of blending wont change :)  A stunning all over the lid shade :) :) 

Selfish:  A stunning taupe with golden shimmer :) The more you build this shade the more silver it looks its beautiful and very pigmented :)  A little goes a long way :) 

Sophisticated:  A Stunning medium brown with golden shimmers :)  Again very pigmented and soft.  Its also very easy to blend :) 

Sexy:  Love this shade :)  Its our first Matte of the palette a deep burgundy a stunning crease shade for those darker smokey eye looks or if you are bold enough wearing on the lid for a day time look :)  This shade is stunning on green/hazel eyes especially :)  Very pigmented and very soft 

Serious:  Another matte for us this time a matte black :)  Very pigmented, very black and again very soft.  This is one easy bad boy to blend and can also be used as an eyeliner :) 

 Snobby:  A beautiful shimmery yellow :)  again very pigmented soft and very blendable :) 

Stand.offish:  A light shimmery peach :)  The shimmers are a little chunky in this and you will experience a little fall out if you are not careful but this is another beautiful lid shade :) 

Sultry:  Another matte this time a medium brown.  The perfect crease shade or even for blending out :)  Very pigmented and very soft :)  

Seduction:  A stunning shimmery gold.  Very pigmented and very creamy This shade is stunning on people with blue eye especially.  The perfect lid colour for a neutral day time look :) 

Silly:  This is a lovely satin medium brown with tiny specks of golden shimmer :)  You barely notice the shimmer when you blend this shade out and would almost pass for a medium matte brown :) nicely pigmented and a little goes a long way :) 

Sleek:  A very deep dark matte brown hugely pigmented and very soft :)  This shade is super easy to blend and works well for a daytime smokey eye or even a day time eye-liner :)  

You can slick on the photo for a closer look.  All swatches are made with no primer underneath :) 

I played around with this palette just putting shades together and this is what I came up with of course for day time :) (you can click on the photo for a closer look )  :) 

I used "Stubborn" all over the lid patting on more on the 1st half of the lid
I use "Sultry" in the crease and above 
Next I used "Sexy" in the crease and outer corner of the lid blending it inwards on the lid and a little above the crease 
I wanted the out V and the crease to be a little darker so I applied "Silly" there and blended :)  I patted a little of "Stand.offish" to the inner corners to brighten up the area :)  I applied all of the above to the lower lash line :)  
Lastly I applied a little of "Sassy" just below the brow :) 

Overall This palette is amazing and well worth having in your collection.  Each and every shade is amazing pigmented and lasts all day long especially when used with a good base :)  I plan on creating alot of looks with this palette.  The eyeshadows are so easy to work with and blend like a dream :)  I really want to try out some more palettes by Thebalm :) This palette is a great investment especially if you are a makeup artist or like me love doing eye makeup :)  Gorgeous !!!!

You can purchase this palette from The Balm website itself which costs $36/€34 if you are a first time buyer from The Balm website you can get 10% off your first order by signing up :)  or like myself from Cloud10 Beauty for €35 and Cloud10 are offering 15% off everything to celebrate Mothers Day just use the code "mum15" offer ends March 15th or you can also get it on ebay in which I have checked for you here for €26.32 including postage 
I really hope you enjoyed this review and let me know if you have tried this palette yourself and what you think :) 

Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 
















I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Katja - Viva la vida blog said...

You create such an amazing makeup with it <3

Love it totally, good job girl !

Kisses from Slovenia

Katja - Viva la vida blog said...

We want swatches! :D

Laura said...

The look you did looks gorgeous <3 I love theBalm eye shadows. Its easy to use them and they always come in cute packaging :)

Laura
Pink Frenzy

Unknown said...

Wow what a gorgeous looking palette! I really want one!! xx

Beautykinguk said...

What brilliant names for each one of these shades!

Unknown said...

Nice eye shadow. Really look good on you. I've been eyeing this palette for awhile now.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...