Friday 23 August 2013

Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Peach on the Beach

Hello my beauties :) 
How are you all doing :) 
I am a sucker for lip products actually I am a sucker for all beauty products full stop but to be honest lip products and blushes are my favourite I just cant help myself like how many lip products and blushes does a girl really need in her life (lots when it comes to me anyways you should see my collection :O)  Anyways to be honest My first ever Lip Crayon was the ever so famous Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stains and I loved them that much I have 11 of them in my collection :)  Since then I have noticed quite a few brands coming out with Lip crayons etc with the same idea and too be honest I have tried a few and they never passed the test for me they never won over Revlon's beauties :) 
Today I bring you yet another Lip Crayon this time by Bourjois :)  I was more drawn to these because they almost look the same as the Revlon just bitten seriously the packaging couldnt be any different.  Now obviously I knew there would be one difference between the 2 and that would be that the Revlon Just Bitten is a stain which means long lasting colour but apart from that I wanted to see did it match up to my favourites :) 
Bourjois offers 4 different shades of their New Lip Crayons there are:
Red Sunrise
Fuchia Libre
Orange Punch and Peach on the Beach 
Each lip crayon costs €10.99/£7.99 or 3 for 2 ate the moment on Boots.ie which is not far off the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balm Stains which are €11.20 or 2 for €15.   
The Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons were released in July of this year and I have already seen alot of reviews about them.  So I just had to try these out for myself and was a good girl by only picking one :) 
Bourjois claims A new generation formula that provides a bare lips sensation thanks to its sensory, light and non-sticky texture. With a silk extract formula, Colour Boost ensures comfort and hydration for 10 hours Does the Lip Crayon live up to its claims ??


I decided to choose Peach on the Beach because I was looking for a fun bright shade and that's exactly what I got "Peach on the Beach" is a gorgeous Peachy Pink shade and very bright :)  I was expecting this shade to be sheer but in fact its very very pigmented and suits my tanned skin very very well :)  One coat of this is perfect for everyday but you can build it up to what ever intensity you like :)  

Applying this Lip crayon is an absolute dream you could do it without having to look in the mirror.  Exactly like the Revlon Just bitten and feels extremely moisturising on the the lips.  When "Peach on the Beach is first applied you surely see the peachy pink shade on the lips for a while but after it wears off a little you see your lips colour change to a more pinky shade.  The balm is transferable even after a cup of tea most of the balm will transfer but your lips still feel extremely moisturised.  after about an hour of wearing this lip Crayon I noticed the balm was gone but it left behind a nice stain which was mostly pink at this stage.  

There is a slight scent from these Lip Crayons it puts me in mind of old lipsticks, its not strong but you still get a little sniffle of it.  I was pleasantly surprised by these and actually quite like them them.  I cant say they leave my lips moisturised for the full 10 hours but they surely leave them soft and moist for the most part of the day.  The stain it leaves behind is not strong but puts a lovely colour on the lips and lasts a good 5 hours before you see it complete disappear.  This is by far a fun, joyful and bright shade to wear in the summer or any-time of the year you want to be honest there is no rules to when you should wear bright colours is there :) ;) The Following Photos are taken with Flash :) The first Photo is straight after applying and the 2nd photo is about 4 hours after applying 

As you can see in the photo after 3 hours you can still see the stain and a nice glossy shine from the Lip Crayon :) Well done to Bourjois for creating yet another brilliant product and I will surely be going back to by another :) :)  Does it win over my love for the Revlon Just Bitten Lip Balms??  Well put it this way they are very very close in fact there is not much difference at all in my eyes only that Bourjois is a little cheaper than Revlon which is always a bonus :) :)  Another Plus is that the Bourjois Colour Boost Lip Crayons have SPF 15 in them ;) 
Wearing "Peach on the Beach" picture taken in Natural Light 
Have you tried these yet?
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 






I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

3 comments:

Ioanna G said...

It's so creamy and pigmented, I'm impressed!

Sarah Bailey said...

What a gorgeous colour on you! It looks so creamy as well!

Thank you for link up with the I Love My Post Blog Hop

Sarah
Life in a Break Down
xx

Anonymous said...

I found your blog on the blog hop, and am now following! :D (GFC 998...woooo!)

Wow, your eyes are STUNNING!!! O_O

www.artevolve.blogspot.ca

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...