Thursday 4 July 2013

Sharing the Love #11: Interview with Sara from At the Beauty Desk

[headshot+for+article.jpg]
Good Morning Everyone I hope you are all well today :) 
Happy 4th of July to all of you out there who are celebrating today Be safe and Have a great time :) 
Todays Guest is another Irish blogger Sarah 
Not only is she a fantastic blogger who has brilliant quality photos but she is also professional freelance make-up artist, nail technician and hair stylist.  I myself have only just found her and I Have read every one of her blog post so far and loved them.  She is one of those bloggers that deserve more followers than what she has and thats for sure :) She seems so laid back and fun and I am sure you will agree when you visit her blog and read her interview with me :) I hope you enjoy :) 

1.    Hey Sarah Welcome to my blog :) :) Can you tell us a little about yourself :) 
Hi Nina, I’m Sarah Hamersley. I’m a professional freelance makeup artist, nail technician, and hair stylist. I work for myself so my job can vary from doing makeup for photo shoots or films, to doing nails or doing up styles for special occasions. I also blog about all things beauty and write for a monthly Munster magazine called Hi Magazine.

2.    Tell us a little about your blog 
My blog is http://atthebeautydesk.blogspot.ie/ I only started blogging this year. I love all things beauty so my blog is an extension of that. It’s a place I can talk about the latest products I bought, reviews of products I was sent and to share pictures of my makeup and nails. Before doing a post, I always think to myself would I be interested in reading this post on someone else’s blog. I like being original and not blogging about what everyone else has blogged about.

3.    What inspired you to start up your blog 
I’ve always been into writing and someone told me I should start a blog, so I did. I didn’t think about followers or who would read it, I just did it to improve my writing. And as a result of it I now write about beauty in a local Magazine. My beauty page is called “At the beauty desk with Sarah Hamersley” which is the same name as my blog so it’s great to be able to connect those two things together.

4.    What is your dream job?
Honestly I’m doing my dream job. As I said, I could be doing shellac one minute, makeup for a bridal party another or travelling to an event the next so it’s a great variety of things I do. The fact I offer such a wide range of treatments to clients, I’m not stuck doing the same thing all day every day. It is a lot of hard work and you really have to put yourself out there but it’s very rewarding and you get to meet so many amazing people.

Plus there’s always new products and treatments coming out, so I’m always going to day training courses to improve and update my skills. Especially in the beauty industry, you can never know everything so I think it’s important to stay on top of all the latest trends. 
I currently have one beauty page in Hi Magazine but I’d love to have a whole beauty section and one day become a beauty editor. That’s one of my goals.

5.    Can you share with us some of your favourite blogs to read?
I love blogs where you get to know the person and their personality comes through in their posts. I follow such a wide range of blogs because I think it’s important to support other bloggers. I always love stumbling across blogs that are amazing but haven’t that many followers. It’s like coming across an amazing song no one as heard of yet and you are the number one fan before it makes it big.

6.    Your favorite skin care, hair care and makeup products?
Oh this is a tough one, I work with so many different products all the time and use different brands for different things but from a personal point of view, what I use on myself, I do have a few favourites I always use.

My favourite skin care has to be Olay. I grew up seeing my mam use it. I used to rob some from her dressing table when I was young and been using it ever since. I think good skin care is the first step to looking gorgeous. I always fell more confident when my skin looks and feels healthy.
For hair care I look for products that smells nice, protects and gives shine I Sshampoo twice, use a coin amount of conditioner, massage it in and comb through and use a leave in conditioner or conditioning treatment. I use a lot of heat on my hair from blow drying or straightening so I always use a protectant spray or I allow my hair dry naturally as often as I can. 
My makeup products change all the time. But the one thing I use all the time are my brushes. I couldn’t do my job without them. Good brushes make applying makeup so much easier. I have a red undertone to my skin and using sponges or my fingertips can drag the makeup or heat up my face so that’s why I always use brushes so as not to add to the redness.

7   If you could give one piece of advice to someone who is thinking of starting up their own blog what would it be?
I say just do it. That’s how I began. I did it for the love of it and it led to getting to write a beauty page for a magazine. You don’t know where it could lead to or who’s reading your blog. It is a great platform for whatever industry you want to get into and it’s a great way to meet new people of similar interests.

8.    Can You tell us what is in you handbag?? (hehehe I like been nosey?
My handbag is like my little savior, lots of bits and bobs and things for just in case. Besides the obvious keys, phone and wallet I carry smellies, nail wraps, clips, combs, loads of pens and a pad, lipstick, balms & gloss, hygiene gel, mirror, sunnies, sudoko, travel tan, creams & chewing gum.

9.    Where else apart from your blog can we find you aka twitter facebook etc. 
I only recently joined twitter and I’ve met so many great bloggers through it. I join in with weekly chats, give beauty advice and put up pictures of things not on my blog. I talk to all my followers so make sure to pop by and say hi.
I also have an online portfolio site where you can see some of my work. I’m always updating it and have loads more pictures to include.
Hi Magazine is also available online so you can pop in your details and avail of a free online copy and see my article every month.

10. Any last words for us :) 
I’ve really enjoyed this chat, I hope you’ve enjoyed reading it, hopefully talk to you all soon and happy blogging x
          At The Beauty Desk
I hope you visit her sites and show her some luuuuurrrvvvvvee :) 
Until Next time 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughte






I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...