Wednesday 9 January 2013

Sleek True Colour Lipstick in Cherry

Hello My fabulous beauties.  I hope you are all well today :) 
Wow I am sitting here bearly able to keep my eyes open.  I have had such a crazy week as you know before Christmas my kiddies got an awful dose of the Winter bug.  It was exhausting and stressful watching them been sick Its hard to see them any other way but happy and when they are unhappy so am I.  Now they have caught the awful flu virus which included a horrible cough and at night they are coughing constantly.  So no sleep again for mum but they are all sorted with antibiotics and prebiotic drinks so they will be well in no time.  
So Again im a little slow with blog posts and my coming back making videos is on hold again until they are well but thank you all for your patience I love how I am so lucky to have such patience readers Love to you all 
Anyways I'm babbling as I always do :) 
I am sure you remember my lastest Glossybox post where I showed you all what I got in my December Box and that I was Super Impressed with everything I got. 
You also know at this stage That I am a huge fan of Sleek Make-up especially their eyeshadow palettes.  They are super pigments and amazing to work with for such little prices.  I also love Sleek's Blushes wow they are so pigmented and beautiful. (which reminds me I have to do a blog post on my sleek blush collection ;))   And last My utmost favourite palette lately especially is the Sleek face contouring kit  its just amazing.  
Well I am ashamed to say it but I never got round to trying out Sleek's Lipsticks and the fact i have heard great things about them makes me feel even worse :)  I just never actually thought about it as i have been stocking up on my eye-shadow palettes and blushes.  
So I was absolutely thrilled when I received a Sleek True Colour Lipstick in my December Glossybox and promised I would do a blog post on it for you all :) 
First of all the packaging is a little different to any of the lipsticks I have in my collection.  I am actually impressed with it.  It comes in a plastic easy to grip sort of tube which i love as you can get any smudges on it.  Its also very light and small and perfect for any sized handbag.  
Sleek lipsticks come in two finishes Sheen and Matte and as you can see "Cherry" is a sheen lipstick :) 
There are about 20 shades of lipstick to choose from shades to suit everyone :)  and on the Sleek site its actually has swatches of each lipstick on three different skin tones which is brilliant as you will get an idea what lipstick suits your skin tone.  Each lipstick costs £4.99 each for 3.5g which is great value :)  Plus they are sold in Superdrug where they are always doing deals like 3 for 2 or buy 2 for a cheaper price :) 
I have to admit when i seen this shade at first I thought "Oh boy this shade is going to be way too dark on me" and honestly if I was in the stored I would have probably passed this one out for a lighter shade.  As I never judge a book by its cover I couldnt wait to apply straight away and was completely surprised with how creamy and soft this lipstick is.  I mean creamy as in as creamy as a lip balm.  Applying this lipstick as a dream.  The pigmentation of this shade is mind blowing literally one coat would be more than enough honestly.  As you will see by my swatch below i literally did one swipe on my hand and bam instant pigmentation 
The more you swipe the more pigmentation you get.  This shade would be absolutely stunning on a woman of colour for sure.  This is a stunning Dark cherry Red and perfect for winter time :) 
Now the fact that this lipstick is so pigmented and creamy I would advise that you apply a lip liner with it as I can imagine it will bleed and if you are not used to applying such dark lipsticks or applying lipstick perfectly well the lip liner would come in handy.  In my lip swatch I am not wearing a lip liner just to show you what I mean but I actually love this shade and glad i got it in my glossybox.  It just goes to show even though you think something will not suit you doesnt mean it wont. 
Love It!!!!! This lipstick lasted so long on me and actually when it faded, it left a stain so if you end up forgetting your lippie for top ups you need not worry as it lasts a long time.  I am more than impressed with this lipstick and can not wait to add more to my collection.   I even love the fact these contain Vitamin E which is great for your lips.   In fact I shall be ordering some more today and will show you all my choice of shades in the near future.  
I am excited to try their matte shades.
I high recommend your try them for the price you are getting more than your moneys worth for sure 
Have you got any Sleek Lipsticks?
What is your view on them :) 
Until Next time 
Take Care 
Lots of Love Luck and Laughter 













I love love love hearing from you all :) I make it my duty to read each and every one of you comments and every time i get a comment from you it highlights my day thanks so so much to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7 comments:

FitznBitz said...

I'm a fan of their lipstick FOR SURE. Mega pigmented!

Unknown said...

That color is sooo gorgeous!! I love it! I love the Sleek lipstick packaging because it's so small. Smaller than all my other lipsticks and it looks adorable x

Unknown said...

Lovely colour!

x

fashionistainthedark.blogspot.com

Ioanna G said...

So pretty! And super pigmented, great!

Stacey said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Wonderful colour! I haven't tried their lipsticks yet. But I am too fan of the eyeshadows!

Jenna Parrington - Chic Geek Diary said...

Hi there!
Loving the blog!

I am following through the blog hop!
Hope you follow me back: http://chicgeekdiary.blogspot.co.uk/

Jen @chicgeekdiary xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...